Snacking low carb / Keto can be a bit tricky, especially when on-the-go. That’s why I’ve gotten quite good at always having a snack of sorts on me. Packing low carb snacks is a great and easy way to make sure you stay on track and don’t make a “bad” decision just because you‘re so damn hungry and nothing around fits your nutritional needs. Luckily fats are more satiating than carbs, therefore keeping you fuller for longer.
I have compiled a list of my go-to low carb/keto snacks. Some are salty, some sweet and some a combo of the two. Whatever the case, find what works for you and what your body needs.
- Avocado, a boiled egg, and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. A good helping of fat and protein, plus the best seasoning of all time (in my opinion at least).
- Salami Sticks. I’m a BIG meat lover so any kind of snack involving meat is a yes in my book.
- Cheese. String cheese, cheese squares, slices… whatever floats your boat. I usually like to do a combo of cheese with cherry tomatoes and olives (next two items on this list).
- Cherry tomatoes. Another great combo for cherry tomatoes is with mozzarella, basil, a bit of olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Olives. If plain olives are too boring, try them stuffed. Olives stuffed with garlic for example… yummy (just be careful with the fire-breath afterward lol)
- Cucumber boats. Quick, crunchy and also full of water which makes them quite refreshing. I like them ice cold with a bit of pink Himalayan salt sprinkled on top.
- Keto Coffee. COFFEE! I am such a coffee lover! I really find this one holds me over for quite a while. There are so many different recipes out there! This assures you that if you get tired of one recipe, just try the next.
- Greek yogurt & Nut Butter. This is great as a breakfast meal.
- Macadamia, Pecan & Dark Chocolate Trail Mix. Absolute Fave! I make this mix myself all the time. Its the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
Do you have go-to low carb snacks? I’d love to hear what you keep on hand!