My gym bag is a bright neon pink backpack. No, it’s not the cutest, but it is practical because I bike everywhere. It keeps everything organized and easy to access.
There’s nothing worse than getting to the gym and realizing “Sh**, I forgot (insert thing here)”. In order to make sure I always have those oh-so-important things, I keep a list taped to our full-body mirror at the front door.
Here’s what’s in my bag:
- Trainers. For obvious reasons, this is an absolute must.
- Towel. Sweat: it’s the magic juice, but it’s not cute when you leave it on a mat at the gym for the next person coming along.
- Headphones. My Beats have seen better days but, I don’t workout without music or on most days my Beachbody program and I don’t think everyone around me wants to hear that.
- Extra Shirt. After putting in all that “WERK” I don’t like to go home wet so I always pack an extra shirt to change into.
- Hair tie. All this hair has got to be put up!
- Resistance Loops. These babies are awesome! There are so many workouts you can do for your whole body.
- Sliders. This is a new addition due to the 80 Day Obsession program from Beachbody I am currently doing. They too can work different areas of the body in many ways.
- BCAAs. BCAAs, which stands for branched chain amino acids, have loads of benefits (that’s a whole other post) but I have noticed since taking them my energy is sustained for longer while I workout and my muscle soreness isn’t as bad.
- Blender Bottle. To keep hydrated with my BCAA’s. Shake em up!
- Baby wipes. If I workout after work I use them to take my makeup off and also to freshen up after I am done if I don’t have time to shower at the gym.
- Spray Deodorant. Do I need to explain the importance of deodorant? I pack a non-aluminum, non-antiperspirant spray kind.
- Post-Workout snack. Lately, I have been packing macadamia nuts (my absolute favorite!) for a quick boost in energy. Other great options are a banana or protein bar.